What qualities are required for EAS teachers?
Teachers and professionals in EAS need to be:
- caring with their students, people they work with, local and global community;
- open minded in accepting others and their opinions;
- balanced in understanding their strengths and limitations;
- principled in the respect they demonstrate and have of who, why, how they teach;
- knowledgeable in their subject areas and being able to recognize the beauty of knowledge around them;
- risk takers to try new pedagogical practices and go beyond their comfort zone;
- inquirer in researching ways to integrate new pedagogical methods and ongoing professional development;
- thinkers in finding new solutions in their teaching and working practices and
- reflective to stop and think about what they have done that worked well, could work better and will work well.