Vacancy for administrative assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant – receptionist
Reports To: School Principal
Serves as the first point of contact at the assigned school for staff, students and parents dealing inquiries and directing them appropriately. Handles daily work pressures, requiring constant concentration to a high volume of clerical work, which must be completed within a limited period of time. Must be able to successfully perform main duties and responsibilities in an environment with constant interruptions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general office duties including answering multi-line phones directing calls and taking messages as appropriate, greeting the public, typing, copying, filing, sorting and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Support building leadership with administrative support and guidance.
- Maintain accurate student attendance records including entering daily attendance for over hundreds of students; check students in and out of the building; handle and track calls and notes from parents.
- Lead all attendance issues and related database requirements for absence, illness, early departure, including all contact with home, and following up on and reporting staff attendance-taking.
- Greet parents, students and staff in main office and direct as appropriate providing guest badges, bus passes, etc.
- Takes messages and, where directed, schedules meetings for parents and staff. Directs queries appropriately within the wider leadership to prevent all issues being passed to the Principal.
- Supervise students in main office area – foyer. Refer students to teachers or administration as necessary.
- Format and complete special projects as assigned by Principal.
- Supporting the school, the administrators and EAS initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma and at least one year related experience in typing, general clerical and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Prior successful experience working in a school setting strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with children and the public.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Refrains from negative talk and gossip, is friendly and personable;
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
- Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and close to fluently in English;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
- Good Russian skills preferred.
- General knowledge of computer usage (Macintosh operating system is preferred) and ability to use database software, internet software, e-mail, word processing software;
- Ability to proficiently use the following programs strongly preferred: Google suite, MS Office;
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: email@example.com
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
About European Azerbaijan School
“The European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS) is a private co-educational school founded in 2011 by the European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS). The school is authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan but differs significantly from government schools in offering special international programs for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and the IB Diploma Programme (DP). The school has grown from the original 95 students in 2012 to the current population of about 900 and includes an Early Years Program (ages 4 and 5 years) in addition to its 1-11 grade programme. The school is also a member of the Council of International School (CIS) network.