The European Azerbaijan School provides transport service using School Buses that meet modern requirements. The European Azerbaijan School has nine School Buses available. The students are taken and delivered to the school by the drivers every day from the closest stops to their homes based on the schedule provided by the transport coordinator. Currently, one hundred ninety students use this service for a day.
School Buses operate from different parts of our city. Also, there is a guide-teacher on each school bus. As soon as a student enters a bus, a guide-teacher fastens student’s seat belt, and only then a coach begins to move. Guide-teachers operate according to specific guidelines. According to this guidance students’ maximum safety should be provided.
After lessons are over the guide-teachers check (inspect) the students that are on a bus and only then a bus leaves the school. When the bus reaches the student’s address, a guide-teacher rings to a student’s parent, and after a parent’s coming, the doors are opened, and a student is handed over to his/her parent.
The EAS School Bus drivers are tested every three years, according to the BP Safety Rules, which are well-known in the world. Also, our drivers know all rules regarding First Aid.
The School Buses are equipped with fire extinguishers and First Aid kits. GPS navigation systems and surveillance cameras are installed on the buses. These cameras note in and out of the coaches.
There are also two cars operating at the EAS. Those cars are used to serve guests who visit our school and even for other purposes.
Safety rules for students in transport
1. Wait for the bus at the designated place;
2. Line up quietly and without haste and wait for the guide to check their names;
3. Get on the bus in turn and sit in the appropriate seat;
4. Older students should get on the bus first and sit in the back rows;
5. Fasten seat belts;
6. Do not take the seat belts off and stand up while driving;
7. Be quiet and clean in the cabin of the bus;
8. Do not drink or eat while moving;
9. If any of the students have a problem while the bus is moving, immediately inform the guide;
10. Do not put a bag or any other object in the aisle of the bus;
11. Do not open the bus windows;
12. When arriving at school in the morning, the bus should stop at the designated area and students should get off the bus one by one under the supervision of a guide and not move away;
13. Younger students should get off the bus first;
14. In the event of an accident or emergency, do not panic, just wait for the instructions of the driver and guide;
15. If you see the mistakes of the driver or the guide, inform the transport department through the parents.
Instructions for the guide
- The guide is appointed by the school principal.
- The guide reports directly to the school principal and the transportation department.
The functions of the guide:
- To be responsible for transporting students;
- Receives and hands over younger students from their parents.
The responsibilities of the guide:
- In the mornings, he/she should pick up the students from the first point with the bus driver;
- Ensure that the students are seated and the seat belts are fastened;
- Make sure that students do not stand up during the movement;
- When students want to eat or drink water while the bus is moving, ask the driver to park the bus in a safe place;
- Follow cleanliness and sanitary norms on the bus;
- Ensure that the students keep silence on the bus;
- When students have a problem while driving, try to solve it or report it to the transportation department;
- Ensure that students do not put bags or any other items in the aisle of the bus;
- Make sure that the windows of the bus are not opened by the students;
- Upon arrival at the school, make sure that the bus stops at the designated place and the students get off the bus one by one and do not move away;
- In the event of an accident or emergency, reassure students and make sure there are no injuries;
- In case of any health problems of the students, provide the first aid or call a doctor and inform the school transportation department;
- After school, wait for the bus at the designated place, line up the students quietly and without haste, check by name and receive;
- Ensure that older students get on the bus first and sit in the back rows;
- If he/she notices any unpleasant behaviour or habits in the driver’s or the students’ behaviour, immediately inform the management.
The route of our “School Buses” reflects different areas of the city. The areas where the buses operate are as follows:
- H. Aslanov metro, Ahmadli metro, G.Garayev avenue, H.Aliyev avenue, Tabriz street, H.Alasgarov street, Tbilisi avenue.
- 7-8th microdistricts, J.Khandan street, N.Yusifbeyli street, H.Aliyev street, Sh.Mehdiyev street.
- 4-5-6-9th microdistricts, 20th January street, H.Zardabi st., Matbuat ave.
- Yeni Yasamal, A.Sharifzade st., H.Javid ave., Badamdar settlement.
- Khatai ave., D.Aliyeva st., Fuzuli st., S.Vurgun st., Z.Ahmadbayov st., 6th parallel.